Three things you must try this summer

The weather is getting warmer and colorful flowers are finally blooming, but it seems like not everyone is enjoying these beautiful moments. May and June are busy seasons for all students, teachers, and staff members. However, do not be too dejected, because there is less than one week left before school is over. With summer break right around the corner, do you have any plans? Here are three activities you must try this summer!

South Korea is very well known for its mouthwatering street snacks such as tteokbokki and gimbap that are served in little food trucks. In the past few years, food trucks have become an insanely popular food trend. The night market made its debut at Yeouido Hangang Park in 2015 with around 200,000 visitors, but over the course of three years, it has expanded itself into a night market in six different venues (Yeouido Hangang Park, Banpo Hangang Park, Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP), Cheong- gyecheon Stream, Cheonggye Plaza, and Oil Tank Culture Park) being selected as Seoul’s most popular seasonal festival for 2017. For those who have not yet been to food trucks, I advise you to go to the Seoul Bamdokkaebi Night Market. Here, you can find over 505 food trucks with various foods of different cultures. The Seoul Bamdokkaebi Night Market food trucks gained fame by serving the plentiful amounts of food while still maintaining an affordable price.

In addition to night markets, museums are great go-to places. If you want to try something new or want to build special memories, visit National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, DDP, Daelim Museum Leeum Samsung Museum of Art, National Museum of Korea, or Seoul Trick Eye Museum. Specifically, Seoul Trick Eye Museum is a great place to take photos where illusions create funny or mysterious moments. This gallery combines artworks that display 3D illusions with upscale technology featuring augmented reality and virtual reality instruments. Additionally, the Ice Museum, located inside the trick eye Museum, displays objects that are completely made out of ice, such as iced toilets, iced TV, iced chairs, and an ice slide. Visitors can explore both the Trickeye Museum and the Ice Museum with just one ticket.

Following a busy schedule is surely an effective way to spend your summer, but why not take a break from everything and go on a picnic? Check the weather forecast and choose a sunny day to go on a picnic date with your friend, family, lover, or whoever it may be. Pack your favorite sandwich, fruits, and snacks. Although Seoul is dotted with tall buildings and long roads, there are various national and riverside parks, such as Han River parks, Seoul Forest, Seoul Grand Park, and Olympic Park. Visitors are free to place their mat anywhere (except off-limit zones) and enjoy their food. Often chosen as one of the best places to take pictures, Olympic Park is famous for its “One Tree Hill” where only one tree stands on a wide grass plane. This park also has a majestic wild ower garden and a rose garden that opens and closes depending on the season.

With all these places to visit and activities to do you sure won’t have a boring summer. However, all in all, summer break is for you to take a break from the everyday school life and just enjoy life for a while so spend your break however you’d like to and have a great summer!