Freshmen join HSSC

On Aug. 30, the High School Student Council (HSSC) finalized the votes for their freshmen members. Unlike previous years, this year, the election for freshmen HSSC members was held after the school year started.

By having the election after the summer, a vast number of freshmen attempted to join HSSC. Each of them presented their speech to their whole grade and made posters to promote themselves.

From each year group, five people get elected for HSSC. The five new freshmen members are Jason Kang, Joseph Lim, Dom Min, Leah Kim, and Kevin Kim. These members showed great excitement as this year is also their first year of high school.

“I am excited about running and interacting with my upperclassmen, especially because I have always wanted to work with the upperclassmen,” Joseph Lim(9), HSSC member said. “Also, since high school allows for a wide variety of activities, I am both curious and excited about what kind of events we are going to execute. Since I am new to high school, I don’t know any of the activities we do, so it makes it much more interesting.”