Colleges visit SIS

Stephen Sartori
Photo from The Times

Since the start of September, SIS has been hosting visits from universities in the US and Canada. Representatives from universities will be stopping by the atrium or the auditorium to answer questions from interested students. These visits are highly recommended as they can help students learn more about various schools and develop communication skills. 

“I can ask questions about the college admission process,” Seohyun Park (11), said. “I am able to know what kind of person the colleges want so that I can get more inspiration.” 

The university representatives have traveled around the world to many other schools before reaching SIS and have reviewed many college applications. 

“Don’t limit yourself,” Scott McClamma, Pepperdine University representative, said. “There are a lot of institutions in the US—over four thousand—so if you want to go to the US, there are a lot of places that are open to you and just because something is not on a ranking list, it does not mean that it is not the best place for you.” 

Students are encouraged to talk to and ask questions of college representatives who will continue visiting in the coming weeks.