Apple Music announces Usher as 2024 Super Bowl Halftime Show

Apple Music announced that Usher will headline the 2024 Super Bowl Halftime Show presented by Apple Music, which is set to take place on Feb. 11, 2024. It will be the first time the annual league championship game will be held in Las Vegas, and excited fans have exclaimed that Usher is the perfect singer to complement the bustling landscape of the city. 

“Usher is an iconic singer, actor, and a dancer,” Sophia Lim (11), Usher fan, said. “Not to mention, he served as a complete turning point in the history of R&B and pop culture, and I could not think of a better person to headline the Las Vegas halftime show other than the dynamic Usher.” 

Usher expressed his appreciation for the opportunity in a public statement, saying, “It is an honor of a lifetime to finally check a Super Bowl performance off my bucket list. I can’t wait to bring the world a show unlike anything else they’ve seen from me before.”

“Coming Home,” Usher’s ninth album, will also arrive on Super Bowl Sunday. This set marks his first new album since “Hard II Love” from 2016 which peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard 200. 

“Ultimately, I feel like the Super Bowl will be a great deal to Usher fans,” Grace Choi (11), Super Bowl enthusiast, said. “I am most excited for the game, but I also cannot wait for the Usher performance and album.”