Students attend first pep rally of school year

As the end of the fall season nears, students attended the first pep rally of the 2023-’24 school year on Oct. 10. The purpose of this event was to garner school spirit and cheer on the fall sports athletes. All high school students were encouraged to attend in order to watch fun events and performances. 

“I think pep rallies allow the SIS community to gather as a whole and arouse our school spirits before an upcoming sports game,” Dyne Kim (10), D$Q member, said. “I do not think we have that many occasions throughout the school year where all high school students come together, so I think it is great to have such an event.”

This event featured a colorful array of entertaining events. After a short introduction from Brandon Fraseur, the activities director, D$Q presented routines to three different songs, namely “Die For You”, “Sorry”, and “Swish Swish”.

“I was glad that I got the chance to perform the dance that the D$Q members and I practiced in front of other students,” Dyne said. “I was a little nervous at first, but overall, I really enjoyed it.” 

After the performance, the fall sports teams, including varsity golf, varsity volleyball, varsity cross country, and varsity tennis, played multiple games of tug of war. Ultimately, the varsity boys golf team and varsity girls volleyball team won the friendly game. Some teachers also participated in a game of tug of war. 

The fall sports season will come to an end in the last week of October. Students should cheer the players on as they work toward wrapping up the season on a victorious note.