SIS Cross Country takes home silver at AISA conference

From Oct. 12-14, the SIS cross-country team traveled to KISJ to compete in the AISA conference. Both girls and boys secured second place in the conference and varsity captain Paul Moon (12) performed exceptionally, ending his last high school year as the first-place runner. 

The cross-country team has maintained a strong record in competing in meets and has kept a solid reputation throughout this season. 

In the previous cross-country meet at CDS, four runners from the boys’ varsity team were within the top 15 runners. Throughout the season, the cross-country team displayed great performance.

“I view this year’s cross country AISA competition as a triumph, not only in terms of placing but also the invaluable experience we all gained,“ Joonmo An (10), varsity cross-country runner, said. “The collective racing of the team of boys and girls was a notable jump from last year. As our star runner and captain Paul Moon graduates this year, we recognize that we must work on refining our specific running techniques and strategies, such as time management and final sprinting. Outside of the athletic prowess itself, we had an amazing and memorable experience that fostered a deep sense of unity and camaraderie among us, truly forging us into a formidable team.”