SIS hosts Fall Sports Award Ceremony

SIS hosted the fall sports award ceremony on Nov. 14 to conclude the season by honoring and rewarding the student-athletes. 

All sports athletes of the fall season, including volleyball, golf, cross country, and tennis, gathered at the atrium during lunch to celebrate team and individual accomplishments. It was an event to appreciate the Tigers Athletics program, the commitments, and the hard work they have put in this season. 

Lunches were provided during the ceremony for the student-athletes while coaches granted three awards: MVP, coaches choice, and MIP. Some coaches excluded MIP from the three awards and gave two MVPs or coaches choices. 

Though the fall sports season had a rough start, it ended on a strong note. The Varsity tennis team had several matches interrupted due to inclement weather, while the JV girls volleyball team, battling with a short roster, won some significant games toward the end. Varsity golf, despite it being their first-ever season, was able to conclude successfully, taking home a second-place individual title. 

“It shows just how valuable sports are to our students at SIS, and I am so glad that we were able to come together to celebrate each other and the achievements of our teams,” Mr. Brandon Fraseur, Athletics & Activities Coordinator, said. “I’m confident that our coaches and players were striving to achieve that pursuit of excellence each day this season, right up to the last game, match, and race. I would define that as a successful season.” 

Many athletes were content with this season and had an optimistic view despite the challenges.

“I quite enjoyed the ceremony, receiving the award and watching other athletes receiving appreciation for their commitment and contribution to the team this season,” Julie Lee (10), JV volleyball MVP award recipient, said. “This season was a meaningful experience for me, both skill-wise and social-wise.”