Students attend first pep rally of second semester

On Jan. 16, the pep rally for winter sports took place to honor the hard work of athletes. 

Many students attended this event to celebrate the achievements of the varsity teams. Along with the garnering school spirit, there were fun school events prepared by clubs such as D$Q. They danced to “Perfect Night” and “Me too.” 

“It was heartwarming and exciting to perform at the pep rally this year, again,” Dyne Kim (10), D$Q member, said. “I look forward to another event where students come to support athletes and just other students in general!”

After the performance, there was a cheer performance where cheerleaders showed different arrangements of techniques and routines used in performances. Additionally, there was also a mini-basketball game between students and teachers, where the goal was to simply shoot as many goals as possible from different distances. 

“I think that the pep rally not only showed appreciation towards athletes, but it encouraged the overall school spirit,” Haven Cha (10), varsity cheer member, said. “I am looking forward to the next pep rally!”