‘Beef,’ ‘Succession,’ and ‘The Bear,’ win big at the 75th Primetime Emmy Awards

(Source: Chris Pizzello)

The 75th Primetime Emmy Award Ceremony took place on Jan. 16 in Los Angeles where TV series “Beef,” “Succession,” and “The Bear,” dominated.

“Beef,” a show about how a road rage incident escalates into a feud, earned five Emmy statuettes. The entire series won Best Limited Series, beating other top contenders such as “Dahmer–Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story,” “Daisy Jones & the Six,” “Fleishman Is in Trouble” and “Obi-Wan Kenobi.” “Beef” continued to win more awards as the Korean-American director of “Beef,” Lee Sing Jin, won two Emmys for Outstanding Writing and Directing. Actor Steven Yeun won the award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series, while actress Ali Wong won the award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series. This was an especially monumental event because Ali Wong had become the first Asian-American woman to win the Lead Actress statuette. 

“I did not watch ‘Beef,’ but I am still proud of being represented,” Stella Eu (10), a TV series fanatic, said. “It is a big event in history that we will most likely look back on.”

“Succession,” and “The Bear,” also had an above all successful night, winning six awards at the Ceremony. For its fourth and final season, “Succession,” a series about how four children of a family fight for control of a company, took home the top prize for outstanding drama series. “The Bear,” a show where an award-winning chef returns to his hometown of Chicago to manage his deceased brother’s sandwich shop, won Outstanding Comedy Series.