King Charles diagnosed with cancer

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcnews.com%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fking-charles-diagnosed-cancer-rcna137293
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/king-charles-diagnosed-cancer-rcna137293

King Charles III of the United Kingdom was diagnosed with an unrevealed form of cancer on Feb. 6. This discovery was made after a seemingly innocuous visit during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate. 

Many details other than the type of cancer have not yet been revealed, including the specifics of the course of his treatment. UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak stated that the cancer was “caught early,” and it was later announced by the Monarch that he remains positive about the course of treatment and looks forward to returning to his regular duties as soon as possible. If the cancer takes a turn for the worse, the UK will expect his eldest son, William, Prince of Wales, to be crowned as the new king. 

“I think this is shocking news for the citizens of the UK and no doubt for the royal family as King Charles has not been king for long,” says Sarah Kim (10), AP World History student. “However, realistically, given the resources that are able to be provided to the royal family, I believe that his condition will likely turn out to be fine. He has a better chance than most people of getting through this difficult process.”

He was discharged from the London Clinic on Jan. 29, just days after Catherine, Princess of Wales, was discharged from a successful abdominal operation. After he spent three nights at a private hospital near Regent’s Park, he was said to have been “doing well.”