HS Strings welcomes Spring

HS Strings, after a long period of practice, welcomed the school community with their final Spring concert at the auditorium on April. 25.

This year’s concert followed a slightly different format than last year where all the music departments had their own unique concerts. In order for the HS Strings concert to be an enjoyable experience for the audience members, the students and teachers put in a significant amount of hard work. 

“I definitely had to practice more than I did for the last concert because we performed many pieces this time,” Minju Chung (9), HS Strings cellist, said. “It was slightly overwhelming at first, but I later enjoyed it because I always saw us improving and we sounded good together.”

HS Strings presented a variety of pieces from classical music to modern movie music: “Concerto Grosso,” “Perseus,” “Dreaming,” “A Thousand Years,” “John Williams Trilogy,” and “Summer” featuring John Kim (12) as the soloist during the first part of the concert. 

After a short intermission, a string quintet involving Dominic Hahm (11), Subeen Shim (10), Chloe Yoon (10), Jaewon Kim (10), and Noella Shin (9) performed “B.Rossette,” and a cello soloist, Raymond Kwon (9), played “Hungarian Rhapsody Op.68.” Finally, the end of the concert was decorated with HSO performing “Phantom of the Opera (rock version)” and “Carmen Suite.” 

“Although I am not that well informed in the field of strings, the music that I heard was very pleasing and comfortable,” Kaden Lee (11), audience member, said. “It made me remember my past experience in HS Strings.”